After-School Program Information
ESMS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
PROVIDED BY MANHATTAN YOUTH
Winter classes begin on Monday, November 27. Information and registration for the Winter trimester classes is below! Click here for the Winter Schedule.
- LEGO Robotics, Theater and Debate are not accepting new students. Please only sign-up for these classes if your child is continuing from the Fall.
- Fencing, Visual Art, and Photography are now double session classes (3:30-5:45pm).
- If your child attended, or will attend a tryout this week, there will be a tryout section on the registration. All tryout results will be sent prior to Thanksgiving break. If your child makes a team, their schedule will be manually updated.
- We are excited to offer Dance on Mondays this winter with Jasmin. The class gives students the opportunity to be active in a positive social environment, while expressing themselves through various dance styles.
- We are also excited to bring back Stage Combat as a second session option on Fridays, led by our Improv instructor, David. Students will learn safe, fundamental techniques used in theatrical combat.
Table Tennis Match Schedule
Friday, December 15 vs School of the Future - JV Won, Varsity & Girls Lost
Tuesday, December 19 vs Battery Park City School - Varsity & JV Won, Girls Lost
Friday, January 19 vs Wagner MS - Varsity & JV Won, Girls Tie
Wednesday, January 24 vs Baruch MS - Varsity & JV Won
Wednesday, January 31 vs School of the Future at ESMS - JV Won, Varsity & Girls Lost
Wednesday, February 14 at ESMS
Varsity - 4pm, A-Won, B-Lost
Tuesday, February 27 at Baruch
Varsity A - 4pm
Wednesday, February 28 at ESMS
Girls & JV - 4pm
ESMS Afterschool is provided by Manhattan Youth and is free for all students. Manhattan Youth runs our MSAL sports teams, produces school performances, and fills every afternoon with creative, athletic and academic activity choices that appeal to a wide range of students. There are two sessions per day, ending at 4:35 and 5:45pm, and the offerings change each trimester.
Please reach out to the afterschool program director, Nick Lacativa, if you have any questions regarding programming, attendance, schedules, and all other afterschool-related areas. The cell phone below will reach him during programming hours.
ESMS Manhattan Youth Afterschool
Daily After School Schedule:
NO STUDENT IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE AND RE-ENTER THE BUILDING ONCE SCHOOL HAS ENDED DUE TO SAFTEY REASONS. STUDENTS SHOULD COME DIRECTLY TO THE CAFETERIA AT 3:20PM FOR AFTERSCHOOL.
3:20PM - 3:30PM - Snack/Check-in (Cafe)
3:30PM - 4:45PM - First Session Activities
4:45PM - Dismissal ONLY for students that do not have a 2nd session activity
4:45PM - 5:45PM - Second Session Activities
5:45PM- End of programming/Dismissal
On the registration form you will be asked: "My child has permission to travel home alone at dismissal"
Yes- (Your child can sign out themselves at the end of their afterschool day)
No- (An adult must pick up and sign out your child EVERY DAY)
*All Dismissals and Pickups happen at the 91st Street entrance.*
In an event where'd you'd like to have your child leave early at any time, please email, or call the program director; to alert and give permission for your child/children to leave early.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns.