After-School Program Information
ESMS Spring 2022 After School Schedule with Manhattan Youth
Our Fall 2022 afterschool registration opens today at 5:00pm. Please read the information below before registering. You can use the link below to register at 5:00pm....
ESMS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
PROVIDED BY MANHATTAN YOUTH
ESMS Afterschool is provided by Manhattan Youth and is free for all students. Manhattan Youth runs our MSAL sports teams, produces school performances, and fills every afternoon with creative, athletic and academic activity choices that appeal to a wide range of students. There are two sessions per day, ending at 4:35 and 5:45pm, and the offerings change each trimester.
Please reach out to the afterschool program director, Nick Lacativa, if you have any questions regarding programming, attendance, schedules, and all other afterschool-related areas. The cell phone below will reach him during programming hours.
ESMS Manhattan Youth Afterschool
A few things when planning out the schedule with you and your child:
Please Read Before Registering
*Afterschool Begins on Monday September 19th*
- Musical Theater is aTuesday AND Thursday commitment. If you select Musical Theater on Tuesday, it will automatically be added to your Thursdayschedule.
- LEGO Robotics is back! While it was not on the original schedule, we are offering LEGO Robotics on Mondays double session (3:30-5:45pm).
- Cross Country is a very popular class, which is why we offer it 2 times a week. Students are ONLY allowed to participate one day per week (Monday OR Friday). Please select one day of Cross Country. If you select two Cross Country days for your child, we will manually adjust the selections.
- Debateis an academically intensive class. Students usually stay in Debate for the entire school year, competing in Saturday tournaments once a month. While students do not need to attend every tournament, we encourage them to attend as many as possible.
* If you do not want your child to participate in an activity for a specific day please select "No Selection". After selecting an activity, you will also be asked to confirm the selected activity.
*Sports Teams are not provided as a selection on this form, feel free to select another activity on that day in the event that your child does not make the team
If you are unable to get a spot in a specific class, please email me after completing the registration, and I will place you on a waitlist for that class.
Co-Ed Flag Football (JV & Varsity): Monday September 12th 3:30-5:45pm
Varsity Soccer (Boys & Girls): Tuesday September 13th 3:30-5:45pm
Girls Volleyball (JV & Varsity): Wednesday September 14th 3:30-5:45pm
PLEASE NOTE: There will not be an option to select Fall Sports teams on this form. Please select another activity in its place!!!! (Or no selection if you do not plan on attending afterschool). If your child makes a sport team, we will adjust their schedule manually on our end. A completed registration form is required to attend tryouts.
There is no afterschool next week, only tryouts. For tryouts, please provide your child with snacks, water, and ensure that they are in athletic attire
*Team Roster will be released by September 16th*
Fall Sports Practice Schedule
Girls Volleyball (JV & Varsity) Practice Schedule: Monday & Wednesday (3:30-5:45pm)
Flag Football (JV & Varsity) Practice Schedule: Monday & Wednesday (3:30-5:45pm)
Boys & Girls Soccer Team Practice Schedule: Tuesday & Thursday (3:30-5:45pm)
Daily After School Schedule:
NO STUDENT IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE AND RE-ENETR THE BUILDING ONCE SCHOOL HAS ENDED DUE TO SAFTEY REASONS. STUDENTS SHOULD COME DIRECTLY TO THE CAFETERIA AT 3:20PM FOR AFTERSCHOOL.
3:20PM - 3:30PM - Snack/Check-in (Cafe)
3:30PM - 4:45PM - First Session Activities
4:45PM - Dismissal ONLY for students that do not have a 2nd session activity
4:45PM - 5:45PM - Second Session Activities
5:45PM- End of programming/Dismissal
On the registration form you will be asked: "My child has permission to travel home alone at dismissal"
Yes- (Your child can sign out themselves at the end of their afterschool day)
No- (An adult must pick up and sign out your child EVERY DAY)
*All Dismissals and Pickups happen at the 91st Street entrance.*
In an event where'd you'd like to have your child leave early at any time, please email, or call the program director; to alert and give permission for your child/children to leave early.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns.